We all love our pets, but do you have any idea how much you spend on them? Check out how many furry, fuzzy, and fishy friends Americans have, and much cash we dish out to keep them happy and healthy.
62% of U.S. households own a pet
• 46.3 million households own a dog
• 38.9 million households own a cat
• 5.7 million households own birds
• 4.6 million households on reptiles
Americans total number of pets owned exceeds 350 million
• Americans own 78.2 million dogs
• Americans own 86.4 million cats
• Americans own 16.2 million birds
• Americans own 13 million reptiles
In 2011 American`s spent 50.96 billion dollars on its pets
In 2012 it is estimated that Americans will spend 52.87 billion dollars on its pets
And that is America By Numbers Pets.