HOUSTON, TX – This Halloween, the people of East Houston do not have to dread the sundown, or fear the visitor who comes calling in the middle of the night.
Houston police nabbed this guy, 34-year-old Bernard Cardenas and they say he confessed to burglarizing 14 homes in the east Houston area since July of last year. Right now, the DA has only charged him with five counts of burglary and one felony possession of a weapon.
Cops say they saw him casing a house in the Meadow Creek Village subdivision and nabbed him when he came out of the house.
They say they recovered property stolen from that house and from another break-in earlier in the day, including a pistol.
“He’s a prolific burglar,’ said HPD senior officer Alfonso Yantis. ‘The district attorney is working hard. We’re hoping that he doesn`t get out soon. The district attorney’s office has indicated to us that they’re going to try to work a plea agreement with him.”
In addition to finding more stolen property in his Pasadena apartment, cops say they found Cardenas’ 3-year-old son in the car. Yeah, he brought his kid along.
With one apparent home invader off the streets, maybe cops will work on nabbing those pesky space invaders next.
Here’s a list of home addresses police believe Cardenas burglarized.
- 1000 Ogilvie on July 11, 2011
- 4900 Falvey on November 24, 2011
- 4000 Marlborough on June 5, 2012
- 5100 Vinett on July 2, 2012
- 1300 Loper on July 16, 2012
- 300 Axilda on August 20, 2012
- 1300 Axilda on August 29, 2012
- 5500 Shamrock on September 7, 2012
- 1100 Oak Meadows on September 12, 2012
- 800 Loper on October 4, 2012
- 500 Maroby on October 5, 2012
- 2000 Sieber on October 8, 2012
- 600 Gober on October 12, 2012
- 5400 North Shady Creek on October 18, 2012